Terms and Conditions
Please read the following Terms and Conditions closely before using our Web site (the "Site"). These terms & conditions are intended for your safety and ease of use of our services. By accessing, browsing, and using this Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to comply with the terms and conditions stated here. If you do not agree with any part of these Terms and Conditions, YOU MUST NOT USE THIS SITE.
Hotel Reservations, Rates & Payments
1. Hotel reservations available through this Site are subject to the published conditions of carriage and rules of the applicable hotel.
2. All taxes, charges and surcharges are included in the prices listed on the site and will automatically be charged to your credit card.
Making A Booking
1. The client must submit a valid credit card when completing the credit card form. All care must be taken by the client to ensure that the information provided in the credit card form is correct. Select Hotels & Resorts International takes no responsibility for any incorrect information submitted.
2. The client must submit a valid email address on the Reservation Form. All care must be taken by the client to ensure that the information provided in the Reservation Form is correct. It is the client's responsibility to advise Select Hotels & Resorts International if an error in the email address was submitted on the Reservation Form or any other correspondence. Select Hotels & Resorts International takes no responsibility for any incorrect information submitted.
3. Once your credit card is processed, we will automatically email your confirmation to you, which must be retained for check-in purposes. Please ensure you check your e-mail regularly. We accept no responsibility for loss incurred due to automatic cancellation or failure of e-mail delivery.
4. Upon check-in, guests must present a valid personal ID along with the booking confirmation supplied by Select Hotels & Resorts International.
5. As a Select Hotels & Resorts International booking is in real time, it is possible to sell out of rooms before the purchase process is completed. If this occurs the customer's search results will expire and the customer will need to begin the search process again. Select Hotels & Resorts International takes no responsibility for rooms not available during the course of the booking procedure.
Cancelling Your Booking
1. Booking conditions and cancellation fees vary from hotel to hotel. Once you have selected your hotel you will be asked to view the specific terms and conditions applying to that particular hotel booking.
2. All cancellations must be made via this website. Ensure that you go to the relevant section of our booking engine and enter the Reservation Number and your Last Name exactly as indicated on your confirmation notice or the email address and last name as used in your booking.
We strongly recommend that you take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of booking to protect you and all those accompanying you for the full time of your visit against illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation and other travel contingencies.
Corporate Identification and Copyright
Select Hotels & Resorts International is a registered company. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit distribute or modify the logo in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this Site, without Select Hotels & Resorts International’s prior written consent. The use of Select Hotels & Resorts International on any other web site or network computer environment is prohibited. Select Hotels & Resorts International prohibits the use of Select Hotels & Resorts International website as a "hot" link on or to any other Web site unless establishment of such a link is approved by Select Hotels & Resorts International in writing in advance.
1. You may only use this Site to gather information on our Hotels and to make legitimate bookings to purchase the hotel rooms offered and shall not use this Site to make any speculative, false or fraudulent transactions.
2. It is against the law to place a booking in a false name or with an invalid or fraudulent credit card. Please be aware that even if you do not give us your real name, your Web browser transmits a unique Internet address to us that can be used by law enforcement officials to identify you. Fraudulent users will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
We encourage you to share your comments and questions with us. By sending us a testimonial, you agree to have it along with your name posted for public viewing both here and in other Select Hotels & Resorts International material.
The captions in these Terms and Conditions are only for convenience, and do not, in any way, limit or otherwise define the terms and provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are covered in all respects by the Law of New Zealand and any legal action arising under the contract shall be litigated only in the appropriate Court having jurisdiction in New Zealand.
1. Inventory Control: Select Hotels & Resorts International sells hotel accommodation from inventory supplied directly by each hotel, and therefore cannot be held responsible for over-selling inventory. Select Hotels & Resorts International does not accept any liability for unavailability of rooms caused by the hotel over-selling the hotel's own room inventory.
2. Hotel Information: Select Hotels & Resorts International makes its best efforts to ensure that all the information that appears on its website is accurate. However, Select Hotels & Resorts International does not accept liability for any errors and/or omissions and reserves the right to change the information published at any time and without notice.
3. Hotel Visit: All hotel information that is published on this website is supplied directly by each Select Member hotel and is subject to change without notice. However, Select Hotels & Resorts International cannot accept responsibility for facilities, which are temporarily not available, are under renovation or not suited to individual tastes and preferences. Redecoration and maintenance is necessary to the upkeep of the hotel and may take place without prior warning, whilst the hotelier or supplier will endeavour to keep inconvenience to a minimum. The effects of normal wear and tear can be expected in a hotel and these are beyond our control. Select Hotels & Resorts International cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance or inconvenience to the client beyond their control nor for accidents in a hotel or loss caused by hotel management or staff.
In the case of any problem or complaint, it is imperative that the client informs Select Hotels & Resorts International at the earliest opportunity in order that they have the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Select Hotels & Resorts International within 3 (three) days of the end of the service provided. A copy of the complaint must also be submitted to and signed by the hotel manager. If a client fails to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Select Hotels & Resorts International to rectify the complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim the client may have.
General Limitation of Liability
1. Select Hotels & Resorts International does not accept liability for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of the use or connected with its website or for any products or services purchased from its website.
2. Select Hotels & Resorts International makes no warranty or representation about the suitability of any product or service purchased by the customer. Where permitted by law, the liability of Select Hotels & Resorts International shall not exceed the price of the product or service purchased by the Customer.
3. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELECT HOTELS & RESORTS INTERNATIONAL INCLUDING THEIR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AFFILIATES, OR PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "COVERED PARTIES"), BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, DEATH, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, ACT OF GOD, ACCIDENT, DELAY, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISE OUT OF OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR WITH ANY DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE, EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Further, the Covered Parties accept no responsibilities for any damage and/or delay due to Provider cancellations, shortages, sickness, pilferage, labour disputes, machinery breakdown, quarantine, government restraints, weather or causes beyond the Covered Parties' control. No responsibility is accepted for any additional expense, omissions, delays or acts of any governmental authority. No Covered Party shall be responsible for any Provider's breach of any warranty including, but not limited to, implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or of merchantability, nor shall any Covered Party be responsible for any other wrongdoing of a Provider (including any liability in tort), as to any products and/or services available through this Site. No Covered Party shall be responsible for any Provider's failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions nor for any Provider's failure to comply with applicable federal, state and local law including, without limitation, laws governing the sale, warranty, and return of perishables.
If, notwithstanding the above, a Covered Party is found liable for any loss or damage relating to the use of this Site, the User agrees that the liability of any such party shall in no event exceed the fee or charge to the User assessed by Select Hotels & Resorts International for making a request or booking. Some countries and states, to the extent their law might be deemed to apply, do not allow the limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitations might not apply to you.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
Select Hotels & Resorts International has the authority and the right at any time it sees fit to change or modify all or any part of these terms and conditions.